Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Style of Strength


Angelina Jolie. Linda Hamilton. Sigourney Weaver. Jada Pinkett-Smith. Hilary Swank. Milla Jovovich. Michelle Rodriguez.

These actresses portray my movie tough-chick heroes. Their alter-egos will beat up any alien, assassin, or whining rom-com character and look beautiful doing it. I admire them. I wish I could be them. They’ve got brains, brawn, and style that doesn’t stop. Here are some commonalities in their fashion choices:

Bare arms. Sleeves get in the way and you’ve gotta show the bad guys that you, and your biceps, mean business.

Leather. There’s no room for rayon in the near, possibly post-apocolyptic future. The extra layer of skin protects against zombie bites and stray sword cuts.

Aviator sunglasses. Because you can shoot a Remington 870 Police Combat Gun with Folding Stock and pilot a helicopter…at the same time.

Short hair. A shaved head is even better, and if it’s long, it’s always pulled back and outta the way.

Tall boots. Footwear separates the warriors from the damsels. Boots are a requirement for soldiers, both male and female.

Black clothing. Perfect for hiding in the shadows before delivering some justice and saving the world.

Have I missed anything, my friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.