Friday, May 20, 2011

Uncasual Friday

100_0240_2

coral blouse from Forever 21, linen jacket by Sigrid Olsen, skirt from Ann Taylor, shoes by Charles David

The newest item I'm wearing are the shoes, and I got them two years ago. Well, if you don't count the nail polish! And yes, my friends, that is basil growing at my feet. My husband is quite a gardener, and I asked him to grow it so I could make pesto this summer, something I only recently discovered, and it is so delicious!

P.S. In response to a question at the blog Stand in the Sun... the one most important thing to me about my home is that I don't get too attached to it. Any physical home we have is temporary, and I could lose it in a single day. I love my home, it is a clean, peaceful, and hospitable gift (and it's in the city--bonus!), but I don't want to get too comfortable. We are called to an unpredictable life, and the material things really don't matter that much.

1 comment:

  1. Well hello there! Thank you so much for following my little blog!Very cute outfit by the way and I just planted a little basil in my garden this afternoon. I do love a little late summer pesto ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.