Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mixing New and Old Clothes

DSC00169_2

blouse by Lela Rose, skirt from Wet Seal, Circa Joan & David shoes

I was wondering the other day what the oldest item in my wardrobe is. I still have a Les Miserables t-shirt from the late 80s that I still wear once in a while. But as far as regular-rotation clothing goes, this skirt has to be it; I believe I bought it in 1998, which makes it 13 years old. It is crochet with a lining, and was inexpensive, yet I wear it so much. Its mix of colors and forgiving stretch make it easy to wear.

I paired it with the most expensive item in my closet, a Lela Rose blouse I got at 2010's The Outnet $1 sale. It was $650 but I got it for $1. Pretty amazing. I guess this is what they call dressing "high-low"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.