Thursday, August 22, 2013

If You Are Going to Save, Save for This


Gucci 'New Hollywood' Open Toe Platform Pump

$615 at Nordstrom

I could totally wear this shoe: reasonable heel height, peep toe style, perfect leather, silver horsebit embellishment. It's so classic, one could wear it their entire lives. However, at $615, I will never buy this shoe. And I'm OK with that. 

I have a internal compass that limits what I will spend and what I will wear. Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton? I'm not in that league. Where am I going to wear a pair of Christian Louboutins? My next red carpet premiere? 

It's cool. I can still admire and dream about beautiful things like this shoe. It comes in all colors and styles: logo-embossed, 4 inch heel, mule, etc. It's fabulous, and unless I can find it for 90% off like my last "If You Are Going to Save" post, it will remain the stuff of dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.